Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer  (Read 3054 times)

Mulley

Internet Explorer
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
I have recently progressed from dial up to broadband.
I am a pensioner and not too familiar with computer practices and had hoped that I would have easy access to the internet.
However, although using firefox as my default web browser, I am immediately able to 'get on the web', I am unable to do so using Internet Express (New version 7).
It states 'I.E unable to display the web page'
I have tried using the diagnosis and it reports:that firewall settings on following ports may be responsible- HTTP Port (80)
                                                                                                                                                              HTTPS Port (443)
                                                                                                                                                              FTP Port (21)
Error code 12029.

I have tried disabling all firewalls but this does not help. Do I need to do anything else or is there some other problem.
I am using XP serv.Pk2

Can anyone help?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Internet Explorer
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:34:48 AM »
    Did Internet Explorer ever work right / if not, when did it start goofing up?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Raptor

Re: Internet Explorer
    « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »
    Just don't use the 'browse now' shortcut but move the mouse two centimeters to the Firefox icon?