Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .dll problem  (Read 2110 times)

ihuy01

.dll problem
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:29:09 AM »
Hi all,

I reformatted my computer and i needed to install my printer. Its an HP F370 all in one. Whilst installing it come up with an error stating that i am missing two .dll files slbcsp.dll ad sccbase.dll. I have downloaded these two .dll files and placed them in the /system32 folder. I tried again to install and again it comes up with error. I also tried to run in cmd the code: "regsvr32 sccbase.dll" and "regsvr32 slbcsp.dll" but it comes up with an error see images.

Installation error:
Run "regsvr32" error:

contrex

Re: .dll problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »

ihuy01

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:50 PM »
I have gone through those steps but it still doesnt work. I get those errors as soon as i attempt to register .dll files.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
Is this a USB printer ? ?
If so they aren't supposed to be hooked up until you are prompted to do so installing the drivers.
Remove it from Device Manager and un-install the software in Add/Remove....

Re-boot and start with only the installation CD...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ihuy01

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:24 PM »
Yes i tried that but i still get the same problem, i also have another problem which im not sure if it associates with this. I have a external hard drive usbex but it doesn't get recognized by the system. I tried to dl drivers for it but supposedly it is meant to be installed with XP already.