Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: taskbar freezing  (Read 1995 times)

ska_love

taskbar freezing
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »
okayy, well i have a windows XP, uuh i use avira antivir as an anti-virus program, and i don't really know too much else about my computer so thisss is the problem :

everytime i turn on my computer, my taskbar freezes. i'll be able to like navigate through the windows using ALT & TAB, but the windows usually freeze, and MSN doesn't let me log in and the clock in the corner won't update

it's not just everytime i turn on the computer, though. sometimes it will just randomly freeze, and whenever it does, it stays like it for over 20 [and usually 30 or 40] minutes

and no, CTRL ALT delete doesn't work.. like i'll press the keys and the task manager will pop up after the rest of the computer isn't frozen anymore [so in like 20/30 minutes]

if i go to the desktop, nothing will open. if i click on internet explorer or my documents nothing will pop up until after the computer is frozen, and MSN and AIM will freeze in the middle of logging in

my anti-virus is up-to-date and scans the computer every day, and i do defrag it like once a week

anyone know how to fix the freezing? any help would be greatly appreciated :]

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: taskbar freezing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »
When did this problem start? (What happened prior to the issue)

ms_dos_sux

Beginner
  • i am the bsod. nobody hears your screams.
    « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »
    What kind of computer do you have, and if possible, what websites have you visited recently? reply if you know.
    never stand between the dog and the hydrant.

ska_love

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »
    When did this problem start? (What happened prior to the issue)

i can't exactly remember, but i'm pretty sure it's been like this for about a month now

What kind of computer do you have, and if possible, what websites have you visited recently? reply if you know.

i've got a windows XP, i don't really know much else about it.. it's not an e-machines tower but it is an e-machines moniter.. i'm not sure if that'll help though

the websites i visit aren't anything that would be harmful to my computer, i do know how to tell if things are viruses and i know not to install crap onto my computer or say that i will 'always trust' a company.. i'm usually just on myspace, youtube, xanga, and www.i-am-bored.com hehe but nothing that can be too harmful to my computer

i've just recently [recent meaning like two days ago] got rid of those winantivirus popups, and i was pretty positive that would stop the freezing but apparently it hasn't

thanks for the replies :]