Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Upgrading to Windows Vista  (Read 3749 times)

ComputerCrazy2

Upgrading to Windows Vista
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
My Hp laptop is currently running Windows XP Professional, Media Center Edition, with 80GB and 512MB. I've been thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Basic and upgrading to it, but I can't seem to decide if I really want to. Is there really much point in it, or should I just stick to what I have?   And if I did upgrade to it, what would happen to all my files and pictures and music, would they be gone or would all my stuff still be there?  And also, all my computer games and stuff that was made before Vista, would they work?     Thanks

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Upgrading to Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
You actually need a modern computer to meet the
requirements to run Vista properly.Most people
who have used Vista recommend at least 1GB of
ram.

I would stay with Windows XP.

You can however download Windows Vista upgrade
advisor-->Here
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

authement

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 12:33:03 AM »
I think your graphic card must be upgraded to support Windows Vista but it is recommended that you don't upgrade as some of the programs are not compatable :D

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 03:30:46 AM »
You can't really do much to upgrade laptops.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.