Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Partition Blues  (Read 4886 times)

Mortland

My Partition Blues
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
So i went to install vista right, and i thought i had over looken this problem before so i remembered this time
well last time  i installed win xp i had my 200 gig hd and when i got it all installed it was only 31.5 or 35.1gbs
so this time when i installed vista i could not get it to find my hd unless i partitioned it with the western digital disk i have
so i did at 200 gbs and when i keep instaling vista it keeps only sayin its 35.1 gbs! I donot have any special jumpers to make it cap its limit
nor do any partition tools like Partion Magic work to resize or partition it out to 200 gbs in Vista XP or even after i used darins boot and nook and did it in dos
I dont know what elese to do i just want to install vista on my HD and so that its 200 gigs not 31.5 any advice?

pao

Re: My Partition Blues
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »
    using powerrful operating systems like vista is very much expesive in terms of HD capacity usage..... so why dont you try to plug out other none important internal devices,,... by that your operating sytem will work faster and accurate........................ ;D

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:57:48 PM »
    Are you attempting to keep the current data?

What file system are you using?

Mortland

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
    using powerrful operating systems like vista is very much expesive in terms of HD capacity usage..... so why dont you try to plug out other none important internal devices,,... by that your operating sytem will work faster and accurate........................ ;D

That has nothing to do with what im asking

And im trying to format it as NTFS i was able to do it when i origonaly bought it why not now and no i donw want the data on it