Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer keeps booting in safe mode  (Read 3568 times)

helpme!!

Computer keeps booting in safe mode
« on: November 08, 2004, 05:54:09 PM »
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. We were having a lot of problems with our computer, and I finally thought I fixed it, however when I restart the computer, it will only boot up in what looks like safe mode. So someone told me to run Norton, but Norton just keeps freezing. So they told me to defrag, but the computer won't let me defrag because there were problems with the disk. So I scanned the disk, and I keep getting this message: "This drive contains one or more backup copies of the file allocation table (fat). The copies should be identical but aren't." I keep trying to fix it but it won't repair the error and just keeps restarting itself.

Anyone know what I can do to fix all these problems. I hope so! Thanks in advance. ;D

-Kelly

Computer_Commando

Re: Computer keeps booting in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 06:07:58 PM »
What version of Windows?

helpme!

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 06:33:16 PM »
sorry..I thought I wrote that...but I guess not. We're running Windows ME.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 03:12:50 AM »
first does it say safe mode on the screen? info>http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000597.htm   have you tried the start windows normally option?is the f8 stuck on your keyboard......if you are in safe mode try this go to the msdos prompt...c:\windows and type this command after it..scanreg/restore and answer yes to the splash screen and follow on screen instructions...