Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: weird sound problem  (Read 2458 times)

whoami

weird sound problem
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:10:25 AM »
Help... i got a weird sound problem..
i recently format my computer cos its not working properly, the sound not working and i keep getting the blue error screen. after i've done reinstall(os,driver,etc) the blue error screen terror are over. but i still have my sound problem. the sound work fine, but after a couple of minute playing, its getting scratchy and distorted, then it stop working. if i restart my comp suddenly my audio driver are gone. it keep missing until i shut it down, and turn it back on.i have 6 month old computer with abit kn9 motherboard, onboard sound(ac97), os windows xp sp2.. i check the device manager, no problem there(no mark), check the bios setting(audio enable), check jumper on my motherboard(well placed), check the front or rear connector with different speaker(same result), reinstall the driver(all), and update the latest driver.. whats next?
anybody can tell me whats wrong? its starting to hit my nerve...  >:(
-thanks-

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: weird sound problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »
    3 things:

Do you have the same problem in Safe Mode

Update the sound drivers from the motherboard site

You can try another sound card instead of the built-in one

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!