Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: End It All / Google desktop  (Read 2899 times)

Kryptonite

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• It's not hard to tell where MY head is at
    End It All / Google desktop
    « on: July 03, 2007, 07:19:09 AM »
    This computer i'm on now has not been turned on in well over a month. Besides all of the expected updates i got a message to update Google desktop which i did.

i used End It All before defragging and noticed that there were two "Google desktops" listed. Ever since i installed Google desktop i noticed that my computer slowed down noticeably. Is it possible that instead of updating the program it downloaded a new version and i now have two running at the same time?

Anyone else notice that their computer slowed up with Google destop? i like the program but like a speedy computer better.

The best sayings that sum me up in a nut shell depends on the obvious which more often than not is obscured by the talk of the day which sounds a lot like  gnat-thing.

blackpaw

Re: End It All / Google desktop
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
    yes i did notice that. you should uninstall it.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: End It All / Google desktop
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
    Google desktop indexes your hard drives, so it will slow your computer down a fair amount.
    You could use CCleaner and see if that lists more than one instance of Google Desktop in its uninstaller section.
    Other than that, look in your processes, you may have more than one.