Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Background noise when recording  (Read 2201 times)

Vadim

Background noise when recording
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:56:04 PM »
Hi everyone.
I need advice from experienced sound recording users.
I have background noise after I record (regardless if it is in camtasia, MS built in recorder, or any other recording soft). Is it coming from mic, card itself or drivers?
Just to make it clear:
sound is better when I am talking on Skype using the same mic.
Where would you recommend me to start digging for solution?

Thank you
Vadim

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Background noise when recording
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:30:12 AM »
If you have another mic, try that and see if there is the same background noise.
Other than that, try updating your drivers and check Control panel - Sound and Audio Devices - maybe your volume is too loud, or maybe you're recording with the wrong input (I've done that before many times).

PanFox

Re: Background noise when recording
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:17:49 AM »
Skype and other similar programs have code in them to remove the "Static"  noise most PC produce when recording, Ive yet to encounter a PC that has no noise when recording raw data from the Mic port,  I've have noticed that you get better recordings if you sound card is an add on card rater than mother board integrated , and Laptops suffer from the worst noise.

Could you tell us what kida sound card you have and where it is situated in your PC?, it may simply be to close to a power cable.

you may need to use a noise filter on your recorinds , and aplication i use at my work is called gold wave , its has some noise filters built into it.