Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: address bar probs  (Read 2882 times)

gtowish

address bar probs
« on: November 29, 2004, 07:52:52 AM »
when ever I type an address into my address bar I have to hit control, then enter to get it to go to the page.  If I dont it gives me a 'cannot find, make sure path or address is correct'.   Please help me try to correct this, it is soo annoying.  I have win xp.

Raptor

Re: address bar probs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:47:52 AM »
Reset your web browser's settings to default.

carla

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:03:25 AM »
I have tried to reset the browser, it doesnt work.  I have added a patch in my reg also, but it didnt help either.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:58:39 PM »
control panel click the add/remove progams tab the scroll down till you come across ie 6 click it and then click the add/remove...a screen will appear chose repair ie 6...did you try view /toolbars and see if the address bar is ticked?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 12:59:17 PM by merlin_2 »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 05:06:42 PM »
Do you think that adware or a worm is floating around?  :-/

[glb]Flame[/glb]

gtowish

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 05:16:43 PM »
I have ran my spy/adware thats isnt the prob, and i have a good virus protector, but I DO think that my problem MAY have stemed from a removal of one of them.  I would like to restore ie6, but it is not in my  control palnel, i have a dell, and ie6 came with it, alonge with winxp. So of course i have no win xp cd to be able to reinstall or restore it with. grrr..... I appreciate all the advice you have given to me.  I hope that i keep getting responces that i can keep trying.. Thank-You All!! :)

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 12:08:39 AM »
reboot pc and hold the f8 key and chose the last good config...