Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: nvidia gf mx4000 wont work right  (Read 3405 times)

ekasilicon

nvidia gf mx4000 wont work right
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:09 PM »
i have  the Nvidia GF MX4000 64MB DDR TV PCI graphics card. when i boot it gets to windows loading screen then goes blank, the monitor still looks like the card is still woking but nothing else will show up. i change my monitor to on-board video and works fine. monitor is fine. anyone know what i could do to fix it?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: nvidia gf mx4000 wont work right
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »
i change my monitor to on-board video and works fine. monitor is fine. anyone know what i could do to fix it?
Please elaborate.  Did you make this change in the BIOS?  What are your BIOS options, pertaining to video?

ekasilicon

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »
well see im almost sure it has nothing to do with bois, on boot up it recongnises the video card. but i have tried it  in another computer and it did the same.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:59:34 AM »
. i change my monitor to on-board video and works fine.
OK, you simply mean you disconnected the monitor from your card and connected to the onboard port?

You may, indeed, need to access your BIOS and change a setting.  Look for something that sets PCI as the initial/primary display device, and select it.