Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: asm stream open  (Read 3027 times)

tcwoody955

asm stream open
« on: October 06, 2007, 09:52:10 PM »
Hello all!  I am in need of serious help.  I am a medical transciptionist and I have recently started working with a new company.  I have to download voice files and then transcribe each file.  My problem is that when I try to open these voice files I get an error code "Asm Stream open - the requested operation cannot be performed.  I talked to their Tech support and no one seems to be able to help me.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sue
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:02:30 PM by tcwoody955 »

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: asm stream open
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:29:38 AM »
Welcome to the CH forums.

Is it Asm stream or ACM stream?   Please give the full name and suffix of just one of the files you are trying to open.

Thanks
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

tcwoody955

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
I am sorry,  it is ACM stream open.  This is happening when I download my voice files from Chart Net (transcription program) for listening to the doctors.  I am in need of HELP! :D

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »
Here's an extract from one of the sites I visited in looking for an explanation of your problem:

"Firstly, I will mention that ACM stands for "Audio Compression Manager". This is the library written by Microsoft as part of Windows which acts as the programmer's interface to the codecs.

The ACM really belongs in MMSystem.pas (which handles Windows multimedia) but, for some reason, it has been omitted. The first task therefore is to find a copy of MSACM.pas, which is an API conversion of this API. The one I found most useful was the conversion by Francois Piette, which was posted on Project Jedi (www.Delphi-Jedi.org). "

Seems to me that you are missing some essential software to open the files but without knowing the incoming file format I cannot advise on any alternative.   Have you contacted the sender(s) of the file(s) ?

Perhaps a more knowledgeable forum member will pick up this thread.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.