Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost Desktop  (Read 2437 times)

ski5010

Lost Desktop
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »
Tried to set a better resolution and lost all my desktop programs including the start bar.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Lost Desktop
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:00:30 PM »
Look, we don't have a crystal ball here, so you have to tell us more.
What OS, how your monitor screen look like right now, and whatever extra info you can provide.

ski5010

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
I have a pentium 3 windows XP 512 ram.Im on this forum because i don't know much about computers. So to start out you could of just ask what i had and not use the word Look as you did.I don't know were you come from or how your day is but you can use a better tone of words with me.When i help out othesr i write with a little more respect then you just did.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »
I apologize, I didn't mean to offend you.
Your original post just simply lacks any details.

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »
    Did you increase or decrease the resolution?  Which resolution are you using now?  Have you tried changing it back to the old resolution?  Have you tried restarting the computer?  Is there a video card or is this with onboard video? 

ski5010

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »
    I have a video card in it since 3 yrs ago,I turned the computer on and the manual on my new tv said to increase my resolution  for a better screen,So i did and then that is when i lost everything.When i reboot the computer up now all i get is a grn screen with nothing on it.I am able tp right click and click on properties where then i could change the resolution if the properties would open up but it dosen't the mouse hour glass makes a little movement bit then quits, and im back to a plain screen.Thank you

Broni

Mastermind
      • Computer Help Forum
    « Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
    It might happened when you tried to set resolution up beyond what your video card supports.
    Try to restart in Safe Mode (Windows will load only generic video driver), change your resolution to whatever Windows will allow in Safe Mode, and restart in Normal Mode.

ski5010

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
    How do i start it in safe mode when it doesn't ask if i want to

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »
      Restart your computer and press the F8 key.  You will get a few options of what you want to do.  Choose to boot into safe mode.

ski5010

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »
      Alright ill try that and let you know what happens,Thank you for your time