Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new build problem  (Read 1839 times)

mattrussellwba

new build problem
« on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »
i have been given a computer by a friend,which had stopped working and i have replaced the motherboard because it started powering it self on with out pressing the button and the psu (because smelt of smoke) and a processor and now i have done that there was no display at first and no post beeps.so i changed the graphics card and rechecked all the connections and then booted it back up. then i had one long beep so replaced the ram stick and then i did get a display put wouldnt go passed the post screen so changed the connections again and that all the cards was seated right. then i got to the the start computer normal screen so i thought be on the safe side and start in safe mode and then it loaded loads of files and it stopped on the same file for 3 hours so done a soft boot and then no display like before and no post beep. so checked all the connections and that. when i got the bios screen after rebooting 12 times i set all setting to default and that didnt work.

processor-intel pent 4
motherboard-unkown but has a code on P4XFA???
ram-just 64mb sdr dont want to blow anymore
graphics-geforce fx5200 128mb
hard drive-80gb
psu-ebox 350w

it is strange because sometimes it works and others it dont so i was wondering is it a dodgy connection or parts ??? it is being to drive me nuts been looking for at some of the problem on here so some are close but not the exactaly the same.

PLEASE HELP