Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My pictures won't stop copying!  (Read 2154 times)

Rose

My pictures won't stop copying!
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »
Hello to Everyone,
I have a ridiculous problem.  I have windows xp home, on a Toshiba satelite laptop which I've been using for a few years now.  I'm not technically inclined but will try to troubleshoot when ever possible.  I'm stumped at the moment.  It sounds dumb but here it is:  I've been loading pics into my pictures file in my documents and somehow have begun to copy every picture that goes into the file.  It copies them when ever I try to do anything with them.  If I try to move them to a different file, if I try do delete them, It will do the function but not without copying them.  I've got 22 copies of just 1 of them!  Does anybody have a clue how to stop this?  I couldn't even tell you how I did it to start with.  I would be very greatfull for any information.

Anodoin

Intermediate

Re: My pictures won't stop copying!
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
    That is very bizzare.  The only thing I can think of is this, and it's something I've done from time to time.  (See if this makes sense, I don't really know how else to explain it.)

I highlight all the files in a folder.  Then, meaning to right-click to bring up the context menu, I accidentally move the mouse ever-so-slightly, which then makes it copy all the files into the same directory.

It seems unlikely that you'd keep doing that every time, but that's the only time I've ever come across something similar.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: My pictures won't stop copying!
    « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
    You may have some infection...

Start here:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
    Post all logs at Computer Viruses and Spyware forum.