Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Display Problem with Intel GMA 82945G  (Read 5669 times)

DonMCN

Display Problem with Intel GMA 82945G
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
Hi there,

I am having display problems with my Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 82945G integrated card. I play a game called "There" which is fully supported by my computer, and it works with my graphics card with no issues.. until I leave the game alone for 5 to 10 minutes. After I leave the game alone, the graphics display screws all up. Things on the screen pop up in different places depending on where I move my mouse. I can also replicate this screw up by opening up There and then also opening up a movie on my computer and playing it, and if I do that it immediately does it to me. The only way to fix the problem is so restart my computer. I have the latest drivers for my card, which is version 6.14.10.4543.

Please help,
-Don

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Display Problem with Intel GMA 82945G
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »
You may need better video card.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 02:38:10 AM »
The Intel video chipsets are one of the most  basic chipsets on the market. Honestly, they're not really made for playing games, especially complex 3D ones. While they will run most games, many games have problems running on them. I'd recommend upgrading to an ATI or nVidia card.

DonMCN

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
I was asking for help in repairing this problem, not suggestions to get a new card.

Thanks,
Don

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
As I can see from here:
http://www.there.com/
your game needs 32MB of video memory, so in real life, let say 64MB (advertisement vs. real life).
Your on-board video probably doesn't support more then 64MB shared memory, so in my opinion, if you have just barely Windows running, your game could play without a problem. But your video memory is not used only by your game, but also by other Windows components. And, if you also want to watch some video at the same time.....you can see where I'm going....
I need new video card.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »
I was asking for help in repairing this problem, not suggestions to get a new card.

Thanks,
Don

We can't repair hardware that isn't cut out for the job at hand...
Judging by the games requirements it is what it is.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »

Thanks,
Don

We can't repair hardware that isn't cut out for the job at hand...
Judging by the games requirements it is what it is.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. The Intel video chipsets aren't cut out for handling most games. Even 3D games that aren't very demanding (like World of Warcraft) struggle at minimum settings with Intel chipsets. They don't always work wonderfully. It's not a suggestion, it's a solution. There are lots of 3D features that ATI and nVidia can provide that the Intel chipsets just can't handle, especially with most games that are a bit heavy on graphics, shaders, lights, etc.