Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2002 can't find contacts  (Read 2924 times)

austin72

Outlook 2002 can't find contacts
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
Hi-

thank you in advance.

i recently saved my .pst file and put it into the proper folder on my hard drive (using xp pro and outlook 2002)

everything seems fine. i can see my contacts when i click on the 'contacts' shortcut in outlook.

however, when i open a new email message and click on "to:" i get this error message:

"The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. FOr information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help."

Per usual, Micro help, did not help.

Anyone have some insight into this?

thank you very much,
JL

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Outlook 2002 can't find contacts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »
It needs to be "imported"...
You are able to view it because it's associated with the program...but when you go to use it the file is not there.
Choose Import Contacts from the dropdown tool menu...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

smacko

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:41:14 AM »
    will this fix work for me too....here's my problem

my old pc went belly up (was running windows xp) so went and bought another one.
    Got my new pc home (which runs vista premium) and loaded it with microsoft office and set up OUTLOOK email accounts etc ok BUT i really need the contacts list from my old pc.
    I removed the HDD from old pc and mounted it as an ext HDD and can access it etc
    but when i try to get into it to look at the contacts i need, it only opens the outlook on my new pc.

so in summary... i have outlook loaded in 2 places , new pc and old pc (Ext HDD).
    it will only open outlook on new pc but my distribution list are on old HDD....HELP.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »
    smacko Welcome Aboard...
    It's best to start a new Topic even though it's a similar issue so it can recieve the proper attention.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "