Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IP  (Read 3897 times)

Dan Edwards

IP
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »
How can you tell if your IP adress is correct.  And what does it mean when the status of your internet is at full speed and sending but not recieving, Do these two relate with each other.  Anyone no how to fix that??

Computer_Commando

Re: IP
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 05:45:46 PM »
Is this your thread:  http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=3;action=display;num=1098293351;start=7#7

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 12:59:11 PM »
so to cut corners you and your m8 have wasted time thanks for the feedback....where is the trashcan...<icpconfig  /all> or netstat> or whois?> if you are sending  but not receiving  the firewall has it....or ping...enough commands to play with...you should concern yourself ..>is it the correct dun ...>and whois paying the bill for the phone line...

Dan E.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:13:57 AM »
Couldn't realy tell what you were talking about.  "Where is the trashcan?"  And if you were implying that I or We wasted your time, sorry for that.  I'll play with the commands that you gave me and look over his old thread, and see if i can work with what you previously gave him.  I just don't want to screw his computer up by working with the icpcongig/all > or netstate. ...etc. When i go there what should i do? Not to sure of what the "Dun" is.  And we have no phone, here.  It is a cable modem.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 03:12:29 PM »
do a modem test...>http://www.dslreports.com/stest  check that your firewalls are not stopping packets sent to you....whois is a command you can use to identifiy your isp...you could try this command ping ...type it after the command prompt...so it may look like this C:\ ping www.bbc.co.uk...it will listed packets sent packets lost...

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 12:43:19 PM »
    Dan Edwards.....I'm really trying to figure out what the issue is......If you want to know the ip .......click start / run .......now type cmd in the box and hit enter ......when the black box opens type ..... ipconfig  and enter ....there's yor ip address ........If you want the MAC address of the pc.....again in the black box ....type ....   ipconfig/all  and enter and you will see the physical address ( MAC) ....its just that simple .
    Now as far as sending and receiving......usually you will receive at a faster rate than you send ....... Why don't you simply tell us what your trying to do.

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.