Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer  (Read 2349 times)

flyboy2657

Internet Explorer
« on: December 23, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »
Hello,
         I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0 and everytime I open a web page and lets say I minimise that open page and open another website the other one is automatically closed. I find this very frustrating especially when I'm researching something and want to refer to another site for more info and keep the previous one open, it closes it when I open the other site by opening google search window again after typing an address or search and opening it.
Is this a windows thing? Is there a way around this, so I can do my work without worrying about the other web site link closing when opening another? I was also working on an e-mail message and went to minimise the letter I was typing to a friend prior to sending, and lost it when I went to open this web site on google. Really frustrated the heck out of me!  In future I now save a draft of the letter before opening a web site.

Any help regarding this question why windows or Internet Explorer closes one open web site when you go to open another? why can't you have both sites or even multiple open at one time?
I thought computers could multi task?
Thanks if anyone can explain why this happens or is there a way around this or do I need to change a setting on my system?
cheers,
            Andy 

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:11:18 PM »
How are you opening this other page?

Sometimes opening pages will open them in new windows (or tabs if you're using Firefox). Sometimes it grabs the first available browser window, and sometimes it will grab the one most recently not viewed if you've got multiple browser windows open. It just depends on the program or link you're opening.