Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP, CANNOT VIEW WEBPAGES OR EMAILS  (Read 2654 times)

jacquic

HELP, CANNOT VIEW WEBPAGES OR EMAILS
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
I recently downloaded a McAfee upgrade from their website. Since then I have been unable to view web pages or view e-mails. On internet explorer I just get a blank screen, no messages, address bar is empty. If I open my e-mail I can see that emails have been received, but cannot open them. When I try to open them I get a box asking me if I want to open or save the file; if I click to open I get the same screen as I get in internet explorer. McAfee have accepted that their files were corrupt and sent me a tool to uninstall it, which I did. My problem, however, remains. I have tried to do a system restore, but all I get is an empty box.
Any ideas anyone? I obviously still have an internet connection as I am receiving -emails - I just can't read them. If I try to write one again I get an empty box. This e-mail is sent from my laptop which runs on the same internet connection.

bartrob

Rookie

Re: HELP, CANNOT VIEW WEBPAGES OR EMAILS
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 02:15:41 PM »
    ok

firstly just turn off mcfee and see if your internet connection still works
    there should be a couple of small iicons down by the clock right click on these and select the disable option

if your back on line the programme may be blocking certain programmes from accessing the internetyou may have to go through the mcfees help to find out how to enable these programmes and allow them internet access

strange that i would allow you to down load email but not open them i have a feeling that it may have set all your security protocols to the highest level just check in both your email and internet programmes that your security is arround the medium or low marks

bartrob