Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need to restore partition file system without formatting...  (Read 3990 times)

auxbox

need to restore partition file system without formatting...
« on: January 03, 2008, 06:11:53 PM »
Here is the situation. I have my CD collection backed up on hard drive on a 40 GB partition. I recently purchased a new computer and I copied the music partition from one HD to another HD to back it up. I now have, on BOTH drive, a 40 GB partition which is full, but has no file system. (listed as none or other in various partition managers)

I do not think that I did anything other than I described above that would have caused this problem. I was doing a lot of file juggling and reformatting, but the copy was the only action I took invloving this specific partition.

Is there anyway to restore the file system structure to anything readable in XP or VISTA (so FAT, or NFTS) without reformatting the partition and thus erasing all the music that I am really hoping is still on the partition? Is there any way to verify that my music is indeed still on the partition without it having a file system?

Or do I just get to rebuild my music library from scratch again? You don't have to guess which response I am hoping for....

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: need to restore partition file system without formatting...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:59:38 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "