Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: reformatted pc, did xp sp2 updates, now resolution is massive  (Read 2198 times)

walbjj

reformatted pc, did xp sp2 updates, now resolution is massive
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:33:09 AM »
hello, i decided it was time to reformat the pc, it was running slow, and i havent done it for a while. anyway, reformatted, and it went well, transferred all my stuff back over on my network, got the internet running, then i did the obligatory updates. after doing the sp2 update, my resolution turns huge, like safe mode, i tried looking under display settings, but couldnt find anything there.

anyway, i ask my brother to "take a look" as he has had some success in the past. anyway, i left him alone and he makes it worse, he said he disabled teh video card in the display settings.

now when i try to restart, it goes to the black screen with the safe mode startup options (it has 3- with network, with dos, and plain safe mode, as well as last known configuration). also, when i select any one of them, it starts spitting out a stream of words to the effect of partition, etc etc. and then it freezes.

i believe it might be due to the video card, but how do i re enable it. i already have been into the bios and looked at the settings and the video card was disabled, i changed it back to enabled, but it still doesnt work.

any tips, thanks in advance

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: reformatted pc, did xp sp2 updates, now resolution is massive
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:44:10 AM »
After you reformatted, did you reinstall the video driver?

That sounds like what your problem was.