Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound problem  (Read 4668 times)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: sound problem
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »
Good advice by truenorth.
As for inside of your computer just check for any lose wires going to your headphones jack.

robrowboski

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 09:43:24 PM »
    I am not to sure what a mini plug is so you'll have to tell me , and i looked in the computer and it looks near the headphones area there are for sprongs in a square and nothing is plugged in them and i can't see anything to plug them in

Broni

Mastermind
      • Computer Help Forum
    « Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
    You may have that jack dysfunctional, then.

robrowboski

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »
      So would somethin from the power supply plug into the sprongs?(im not sure what there called)

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »
      Wait for hardware guys. I have no clue.

robrowboski

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »
        Ok thanks (you have helped me with every other problem anyway)

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »
        I try, I try...LOL

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »
          robrowboski, A mini plug is simply the term used to describe the somewhat smaller stereo plug that is normally used to connect audio devices to amplifiers ,etc. when it is needed for a computer's sound card it is still a stereo male plug but it is smaller (hence miniplug). Now i get the impression you are delving into the innards of your computer. This is not necessary to achieve my earlier suggestion (headset jack). It is located in the same area on the rear of your computer where your speaker jack is. Depending on the sophistication of the sound card you can have as a minimum a speaker jack .a microphone jack,and a headset jack. they are usually different in colour.Is your sound card (the device that provides the external jacks available on the rear of your computer) a pci card or an agp  card. It is not necessary for that card to be attached again to the mother board as it is connected via the slot (pci/agp) that it is plugged into. Unless it is an on-board sound card in which case it is not in a PCI/AGP slot but is connected directly to the motherboard.However that type also does not need an additional connection to the motherboard. While you were looking inside the prong connection you were seeing is sometimes necessary for connecting sound generating internal devices (like CD/DVD players) to the mother board with their own connecting wires and plugs--but not always sometimes that connection is achieved via the IDE cable from the device to the motherboard. Hope this helps and removes some of the confusion in your mind.truenorth