Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Odd saturation.  (Read 2779 times)

Mumbonumbo

Topic Starter

Odd saturation.
    « on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »
    I, sadly, lack much knowledge on computers yet I nonetheless reformatted to the usual windows OS and everything went quite smoothly, that is, until I realized video played in a nasty saturation which I'm unable to change, videos on youtube and such work fine, in fact, all video aside whatever is the standard for DVDs is working hence I guess my PC will for some reason not read WMV still I'm in no position to make such speculation.
    Anyway point is, how would I go about fixing this?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Odd saturation.
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
    You need video driver.

Mumbonumbo

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:27:59 AM »
      Apparently not, I pulled the most recent one off the dell website and it informed me they were the same.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:01:05 AM »
      You can still try re-installing the driver...they sometimes get corrupted and this will not harm anything by trying.
      Is this onboard video or an add-on card ? ?
      If an add-on card remove a side panel from the case and make sure the vid card fan is operating properly.
      Take the opportunity to do some housekeeping in there. A can of compressed air works well for this.
      NOTE: Use a QTip to hold the fan blades in place when blasting them to prevent damage.

As always when working inside the case remove all power sources and take anti-static precautions.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "