Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with repairing Windows XP  (Read 3011 times)

husky88

Help with repairing Windows XP
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:46:18 AM »
Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me or give me a clue about the error I receive.
When I try to repair my installation of Windows XP Professional, it goes up to the step called "Installing Windows". After that, it shows me the following error:

"Hardware Installation
The software you are installing for this hardware:
ASUS Virtual Video Capture Device Driver
has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.
Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing.
Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware?"

If I choose no, it restarts. If I choose yes, it asks me for the following:

"Insert Disk
Please insert the Compact Disk labeled 'NVIDIA Network Bus Installation Disk #1' into your CD-ROM drive (E:) and then click OK.
You can also click OK if you want files to be copied from an alternate location, such as a floppy disk."

I don't have any disk labeled with what they say. No matter what I chose or what I insert, it ends up in restarting itself.

When I initially installed Windows, I never had this problem. Additionally, the first time I tried to repair it, after I received the second message, I put in the CD with the video card driver.  It froze for a while and it changed my resolution. So then I put in, again, the XP installation CD and it continued on. And then I restarted the computer when it asked me for the product key, as I didn't have it handy. Now 5  minutes later, it just doesn't want to do the same thing.

I realize my message is long, but any help or ideas why this might be happening is very much appreciated. Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:09:59 AM by husky88 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Help with repairing Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »
You will need to travel to the MBoard manuf. site and dload all the mboard drivers...
As far as a Product key i can't help you with that one...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

husky88

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »
I already have them on original CDs. No matter whichever I put in, nothing... keeps restarting after couple of seconds and after flashing the screen couple of times.

And I wasn't asking for a product key :) that was just the reason for my restart.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »
If there is an addon vid card you may want to try the install with it removed and then re-install it after everything is up and running.

husky88

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
There is just one video card, but the monitor plugs into it. If I remove it, I can't plug in the monitor into anything.

husky88

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »
Well actually I just tried to remove the hard drive and install Windows on it in a totally different computer. I know that it might not be compatible, but I tried anyway.

Thing is, I get the same error as before although there is no video card in the computer because it is old. I receive the same errors as with the previous computer, although every part is totally different.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 07:25:52 AM »
You will probably need to format that drive in the other machine...hook it up as a slave.
Then return it to your machine as master and install Windows.
Something obviously was installed improperly on that drive if it did the same thing.