Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pc Parts  (Read 2520 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Pc Parts
    « on: February 16, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »
    My dad has a dell dimension 4100 that died some how after mine did.  Its a socket 370 and there are no codes on the back. meaning the lights dont light up an I think the cpu is bad.  Is there any where to get these parts still tried geeks,newegg,tigerdirect. thks
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Pc Parts
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »
    Many older parts can be found on ebay.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
      I hate ebay!!!  Any other sites??  Would Dell still sell the parts?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Deerpark

Egghead
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
          Thks never even thought of this.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
            • Obituary
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
          You know you have FC-PGA and FC-PGA2 you will be considering.

The S-Spec number will be on your CPU. Check the below site to
          make sure you choose what you need properly.

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/Pentium%20III.html
          Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
            I dont understand how to use it.  But I went threw and didn't find mine any how.