Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: router trouble  (Read 2421 times)

billiusthemook

router trouble
« on: January 19, 2005, 06:03:35 PM »
I had a belkin wireless router with a dsl modem.  They worked fine together until a week back.  I ran through the possibilities and found I needed to replace my modem.  i got the new one and if I connect it directly to the computer it works fine.  But when I tried setting up the router to it again I get an error.

Belkin Wireless router model # f5d7230-4
SBC Broadband DSL (it says HomePortal 1000HG on bottom if it helps)
Windows XP

When I access the router directly through internet explorer everything appears fine; it says it's connected and lists all connected computers in the dhcp clients list.  But if i try to get online it tells me "cannot find server"  I tried unplugging the router, setting up the dsl, and starting from scratch with the router setup cd, and all goes fine until I get to the point where the setup program tries to connect to the internet.  It says it fails and retries 10 times before it stops and repeat the entire setup process, but again when I get to the internet connection portion it tells me it fails.  

sorry if I left anything out.
please help.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: router trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:12:26 PM »
Contact the manufacturer of your router...

[glb]Flame[/glb]