Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need some help please !  (Read 4375 times)

The_Postman

Need some help please !
« on: January 29, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »
At start up I have this window pop up that is labeled COPY and it goes though the process of trying to install something or a program only to end with an Error message. I ran anti virus, Adware SE. I scanned the registry with this OmniQuad antispy 4.2 and copy all the info and went into the reg and deleted the keys works fine but after rebooting it the pop up shows up again.
One key is named AproposMedia-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\autoloader deleted but it returns for some strange reason.
Auto updates disabled and all done in safe mode
Add and Remove wont do it and one entry in the registry did not allow me to delete but the entry dissapeared.   Any suggestions or Ideas also ran PcCillin 2005 still nothing  ???

Corrosive

Re: Need some help please !
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 12:47:58 PM »
Start > Run > Type in "msconfig", and then go to the "Startup" tab. Uncheck the entry that seems to be causing the problem (it would be somethign related to that registry entry).

The_Postman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 02:10:40 PM »
Corrosive
Did just that and still keeps on running at start up.
D/L 'd Microsoft Antispy which I should have done in the first place and found 38 infected files trojans and the like. 4 residing in memory. Also rebooted in safe mode. Stopped the system restore and rebooted. In the task manager found a suspect file (ezSP_Px.exe) did a search and found the folder cannot delete or remove any files asscociated with this. Any Suggestions.  
Thank you you guys are great!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »
    The_Postman...You might try changing your folder option to display hidden files and folders and then try to delete it again.

Hope this helps

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

The_Postman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 11:06:03 PM »
    DL65
    The folder was hidden and I tried that but it will not delete I am getting an error message. I also tired deleting one file at a time but several do not allow deletion.Next step a bigger hammer!! This is a HP computer and it belongs to a friend his kids D/L off Kazza and picked this up. Boy was he mad when I told him about the 138 viruses adware and malwarelast count. Just ran another scan. Looks like I will have too format and reinstall. Keep them Antiviruses up to date this is what can happen. Thanks again for all the help!! :)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 12:15:27 AM »
      The_Postman.....Before you beat it to death or tear out your hair......read this
      http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/AproposMedia.html

I just had a quick look and I think its what your looking for .......
      Whenever I hear the word Kazza ......I cringe.....I spend more time cleaning up friends pcs after their kids D/L using Kazza ......
      Dont push the format button yet ......lol

let us know how you fare

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

The_Postman

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 09:10:11 PM »
      dl65
      This is it and a few more you hit the computer on the head, I mean nail. Aproposmedia,2020search and numerous others I have read the article and saved the page for the future. I clicked on the link in the page for parasites and to my amazement I saw some of the infections that were in this computer. Now it's time to hunt these down and eliminate. Thank you for your help. I put the hammer down too! My buddy asked if I would take out Kazza I said sure it will be my pleasure...Surprised to see it was preinstalled by HP, it's on the recovery disc......Update: Kids grounded for Life! ;D