Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help cant boot from cd drive  (Read 1832 times)

sk8r909

please help cant boot from cd drive
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
i got a hp pavilion 4450 pc from a friend and put it together.i erased the hard drive and tried to start it. it went to a screen that said
F1 for setup      F2 to resume  i hit F2 there was a blinking line then it said "operating system not found".i dont know how to boot from disk drive and i have the windows xp home and the pro edition WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: please help cant boot from cd drive
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:39:28 PM »
    Press the F1 key. It should take you to the PC BIOS. If not, see what other keys are available to you that say something about "setup". Once in BIOS, you'll have to search your way to find "boot devices" or "boot order" or something with "boot". You need to tell it to boot from the CD-ROM first instead of the hard drive. Once you make that change, make sure to "save & exit" from the BIOS. Before doing this, insert your cd and then exit the BIOS. You should now be able to boot from the CD or you will see a message that says "press any key to boot from cd". Remember, once you run through the first part of the setup, you'll need to change the boot order back to the hard drive and take out the CD.
    If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.