Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ps2 emulator psx2 (bios files)  (Read 69863 times)

mbg19chev02

Topic Starter

Rookie

ps2 emulator psx2 (bios files)
    « on: January 25, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
    anybody if you know what this is,
    do you have the bios files to this emulator that work without errors and no virus'
    if so reply with your e-mail so we can talk
    thanks a bunch

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: ps2 emulator psx2 (bios files)
      « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:07:30 AM »
      The BIOS file is a copy of an actual PS2 BIOS.
      This BIOS is copyrighted and therefore you can't legally share it.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
      Hi mbg19chevo02

You can find them if you google hard enough (I did).

Considering I have/still own SONY PS1, PS2, 2 x PSP's, MD deck & MD walkman, about 4 TV's, 2/3 HiFi's, 2 VCR's, 2 DVD players, 1 x DVD/VCR combi, 1 DVD Recorder, 1 DVD/HD recorder, W810i & 7230 mobile phones I think I was entitled to download the PS2 bios which is only of use to the PSX2 emulator which doesn't really do much at the moment anyway.

Don't quote me on it, but I think it's only illegal if you don't own a PS2. I know this applies to ROM's.

katsu33

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:43:04 AM »
      anybody if you know what this is,
      do you have the bios files to this emulator that work without errors and no virus'
      if so reply with your e-mail so we can talk
      thanks a bunch
      Plis!!! a emulator!! T_T

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »
      The last time i attempt to play ps2 on pc was 3years ago, i know where you can find the BIOS for ps2, but sorry..forum rules, after i got the BIOS and try to run the game, everything wasn't so beautiful. The emulator still don't have sound plugins ( not available ) and it run so slow, just like a slow motion!So my advise to you, break your savings and grab a ps2...but if you wait a bit longer, Sony will release another version of ps2 ( lot slimmer than the slim ) and much more cheaper. It should be this year

nomhire

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »
      Does anyone knows something about a PS2 "device" used to play PSO games (original and copies)? Long time ago I heard about it, but I don't remember which webpage I saw it in.

It consists in a disc and a "strange device" you install over your PS2 in order to make it read all kind of PSO disks  (even PS2 disk copies, they say).

Regards.

A team of successful entrepreneurs credited for  www.SelectWealthSystem.com
      A new home-based-business marketing system that provides the strategic high ground for internet marketing.
      Pro Team Marketing uses an automated marketing system that is currently promoting a cutting-edge young company, entering the early growth stage, that targets the largest consumer base in the United States with their financial educational products.
        http://www.SelectWealthSystem.com

espinaian

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »
      I've got the bios "i can even provide you all the needs of the pscx2" but because of the bann i cant do that" just email me at <Email Removed> "if you want me to email it t you it will need some price

Email removed to prevent SPAM
      -Zylstra
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:34:39 PM by Zylstra »

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 12:14:05 AM »
        Another led ball to the internets SPAM CANNON*

please dont post your email address on a public forum.

For your own sakes.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
        It's actually a common misconception that you can legally download copyrighted material if you actually own the item that uses it.

I am not sure if this applies to Playstation BIOS files, but I know with NES,SNES, and N64 cartridges, the "Fair use" clause essentially limits you to keep "backups" of the ROM, which must be generated from your cartridge. Since downloaded ROM files would not have been copied from your own cartridge, they thus are not enbodied in the Fair-use clause and are thus illegal- of course that doesn't stop you, but I'm getting tired of people essentially making up rules about what is and isn't illegal. Like that old BS about ROM files being legal as long as you don't keep them on your computer for more than 24 hours. I want to know who started that so I can slap them.

And If we extend the Fair-use clause toe Playstation BIOS files, that would mean it would only be legal if the BIOS file was actually generated from the Playstation that the person owned.

Of course just because your doing something illegal doesn't mean the FBI will break down your door one day and seize your computer. I'd hope they have more important things to do then enforce laws essentially brought up by software and record companies, but you never know...
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 04:23:33 AM »
        Does anyone knows something about a PS2 "device" used to play PSO games (original and copies)? Long time ago I heard about it, but I don't remember which webpage I saw it in.

It consists in a disc and a "strange device" you install over your PS2 in order to make it read all kind of PSO disks  (even PS2 disk copies, they say).

The PS2 is backwards compatible with PSone games. (If that's what you meant by PSO). I still play games like the original Suikoden, Suikoden 2, and Metal Gear Solid on my PS2 (original discs, not copies).

There are ways to make a PS2 play PS2 and PSone disc copies. Don't ask me how or why I know this, I won't share that information here. Never heard of the "strange device" you're referring to, all the "devices" I've seen are internal and require skill with a soldering iron. There is also a disc you can put into your PS2 that will allow you to switch discs and put in a copy. Don't ask me about this either.