Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual screen  (Read 2516 times)

shakerscoop

Dual screen
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »
 ???  I am trying to figure out how to make my PC hook up to duel screens if possable.  I want to use the same PC, but have my on line poker on one screen and be able to search the web on the other so that when its time for me to play, it will not pop up in front of my screen .  Is the something  that can be done?

boo

Apprentice
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Dual screen
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
yes is the simple answer.

there are a couple of things that you need.
obviously you need another screen. the same size and aspect ratio (4:3 etc) would be preferable for ease of use.
you also need a graphics card with dual monitor support and the right connections i.e. DVI or VGA etc. check your screen for what connections it has but the graphics card may come with adapters.

software plays an important part in this. nvidia's own software deals very well with a dual monitor setup and comes with a plethora of customisable options to best suit your needs.

last but not least, i would suggest that you install either multimon (free) or ultramon (post if you need links) both of these add a second taskbar to the 2nd monitor and only show the programs open on that screen. ultramon is far better than the multimon but is not free

i thinks thats everything.
post if you need any more info

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Dual screen
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:04:42 PM »
you also need a graphics card with dual monitor support
Another option is to add a second video card. 

Does your computer currently use onboard video or an add-on video card?  If a video card, what card is it?