Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Invalid Win32 application  (Read 11699 times)

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: Invalid Win32 application
    « Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »
    Umm, what OS is the computer you are trying to run the disk on and failing? Is it Vista? If so, have you verified that the game is Vista compatible?
    The Emperor
    Ruling over Technology since 1998
    www.TechEmperor.com

Broni

Mastermind
    • Krakσw my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
    Good question. Maybe sfc /scannow is due.
    You may also try copying DVD to your hard drive, and install it from there.

mcxeb52!

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »
    I think you can try making an iso file of the dvd disk and then attempting to open it with some virtual drive software like daemon tools. This may get you to install the program and then if it install okay, then try playing game with normal disk in place. Or you can play with the virtual disk you already created (unless you want multiplayer mode, which many times don't allow virtual disks)

magu55555

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 01:13:06 AM »
      when the disk is placed in another computer it instal without probelm. My computer is Windows XP. I attempeted the install after copying all the files off the disk and trying the installation is safe mode but then i get a message saying "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime."

Dias de verano

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 02:28:12 AM »
      when the disk is placed in another computer it instal without probelm. My computer is Windows XP. I attempeted the install after copying all the files off the disk and trying the installation is safe mode but then i get a message saying "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime."

see here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888019

SYMPTOMS

When you try to install software on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, the installation fails and you may receive the following error message:

1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

CAUSE

This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
      •   You run the Setup program from a virtual drive created through the subst command.
      •   The driver IDriver.exe is not registered correctly.
      •   The installer Msiexec.exe is not registered correctly.
      •   The user account does not have permission to access the C:\Windows\Installer folder.
      •   An older version of the Windows Installer engine was installed from a network drive that is no longer available.
      •   The user account does not have permission to install software on the computer.
      •   Another instance of Msiexec.exe is running.
      •   Another Windows Installer-based Setup program is running.
      •   Windows XP is damaged.