Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS-DOS COMMAND TO OPEN AND EXIT(CLOSE) A WINDOW  (Read 4380 times)

spdCHF

Topic Starter

Rookie

MS-DOS COMMAND TO OPEN AND EXIT(CLOSE) A WINDOW
    « on: April 10, 2009, 05:35:36 AM »
    To those who help us learn.
    Sir,  I want to open <VLC media player> from command prompt ,what is the MS-DOS COMMAND,please ?
     Next I want to exit(close) the <VLC media player> window that remains on the Desktop (after playing my videos); what's the MS-DOS COMMAND to do the job, please ?
      With regards, 'spdCHF'.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: MS-DOS COMMAND TO OPEN AND EXIT(CLOSE) A WINDOW
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:47:56 AM »
    To those who help us learn.
    Sir,  I want to open <VLC media player> from command prompt ,what is the MS-DOS COMMAND,please ?
     Next I want to exit(close) the <VLC media player> window that remains on the Desktop (after playing my videos); what's the MS-DOS COMMAND to do the job, please ?
      With regards, 'spdCHF'.
    I don't use VLC but I'm fairly sure there's a switch that automatically closes it after playing music/etc.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »
      you have to know the full path of were it is.  Its not like you can type mspaint and have it come up cause it is a internal command.  What you can do is make a bat and run it like that so that you wont have to call up the path all the time.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
      Didn't he ask these questions before when he was devduttaa?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
      Yep.

8)
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
        I dont check every one
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres