Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I reformat Windows NT Server?  (Read 2359 times)

InfadaStone

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Eden Lost
    How do I reformat Windows NT Server?
    « on: July 02, 2008, 06:22:30 AM »
    I have an old fileserver PC at work, and it has Windows NT Server installed on it. I have a valid copy of Windows NT Server 4.0 (newer version) that I'd like to install on that PC, but I have no clue on how to reformat Windows NT Server. Can anyone guide me on what to do? Thank you.

Also, if I manage to get it to work - is there a free antivirus that works with Windows NT?

THANK YOU! - PS - quite urgent.
    “My son, you are right. It is better to die as free men, than to live as slaves at the mercy of the tyrant!”

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How do I reformat Windows NT Server?
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
    Okay, so an old pc, that you want to run an old server os. Let me check my memory banks..... :P
    If the OS is installed from floppy disks, pop in the first floppy and reboot the computer.
    If the OS is installed from a CD, put the CD in and make sure the computer is set to boot from CD. (check BIOS)
    Start the installation process and it should ask you which hard drive to use (and format) to install windows on.

Check AVG antivirus for a free antivirus. Not sure if it will work with NT, but it's worth a shot.