Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Samsung SCH-U550 Help  (Read 1905 times)

unarmedmaster

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Samsung SCH-U550 Help
    « on: June 04, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »
    Hey

I just got this new phone as an upgrade. On my previous phone Nokie 6215i i used the program Tone this to send  ringtones to it made off mp3's on my computer. I did this even though my phone was not on the computability list i of course selected a similar model and sent it from there.

I currently have a

Samsung SCH-U550

it is not on the compatibility list so i selected the Samsung U340 a downgraded model.
    I then proceded to make my ring tone. When i sent it it came in as only bursts of noise
    like music for .5 seconds then silence for 2 then another .5 seconds of music.
    I thought "oh maybe it has the same limitations of my last phone. So i made sure the ringtone was under 100kb and still this happened.. i then attempted selecting many samsung models and trying again and again wiht no success.. i finally used a copy of Numa Numa or w.e that was 56 KBps and it worked! i then tried it with another song lowing the bitrate to 56 Kbps  and it did not work .. i even tried the same track as before and still not working..

so basically what im asking is, does anyone know how to send computer made ringtones to this phone so that they will work or know of a proper program to do so for this phone