Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Low FPS in CSS  (Read 3622 times)

maryjane

Low FPS in CSS
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:12:05 PM »
Ok, I've been looking everywhere and have no found an answer that helps with my problem. I have been getting low fps with nothing higher that 45. About a month ago, I would get an average of 150 fps.

Dell Inspiron E1705
Intel Core 2 CPU
T7200 @ 2.00 GHz
998 MHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900

I have cable internet, which pings fine. I have the newest drivers for my gfx card and have ran numerous virus scans. I have also disabled all background processes so nothing is eating my CPU. I've called Dell and they have ran diagnostic tests and everything came back fine. Additionally, every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, my frames will be back to normal.  However, as soon as I turn my computer off or restart it goes back down to about 20 fps.

It is a laptop, so I was concerned with overheating.  I do have a laptop fan running constantly under my computer.  The average temp. is about 70-72 degress F. 

Help?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Low FPS in CSS
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »
By 'CSS' I assume you mean Counter Strike Source?

If so, try tuning down the graphics in the game to the lowest possible settings and see if there is any improvement in the game.

AzNVi3t2007

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
    I have the same issues.My specs are MUCH LOWER and I play with around 8-10FPS...Funny thing is, that I can play on a full server and NOT lag at all.. :)
    <^>(>_<)<^>

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:38 PM »
      by not lag u mean the your slide show (10 fps) does not slow anymore??