Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS WONT BOOT COMPLETELY  (Read 2666 times)

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

WINDOWS WONT BOOT COMPLETELY
    « on: June 25, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »
    Hi, Can someone guide me yet again, i have a (IBM - XP- Pro- pentium4 - service pack1- 40Gb Computer) when i switch on it starts at IBM is starting then windows 1st blue screen, which is as far as it goes. Ihave tried F8 safe mode but even that stops at windows blue screen, also last known good configuration etc.could someone give me any info on this or advice on what to try.. Thanx Rob

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: WINDOWS WONT BOOT COMPLETELY
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »
    Will it boot to Windows XP CD?

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
      Thanks for reply, no it just goes to windows logo screen the one before WELCOME SCREEN and i dont have a CD just the 25 digit product key number on side of desktop computer Thanks Rob

T-Rex

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
        Your going to the need the CD-Rom if you want to manually fix the computer yourself , you have 2 options here .

1. Go to a shop and pay a obscene amount of money for x-p to be reinstalled.

2. Go buy the windows x-p CD which isn't much by the way , and either reinstall windows x-p your self or perform a windows fix with the CD.

No matter what your going to need the cd in the future , and it saves taking your harddive down to a computer shop as well.
        "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:20:20 PM »
          Hi thanks again last question when i buy a cd is that the xp cd with the product key number, or do i get the cd and use my number thats on the side of my computer please let me know and ill go on ebay,  thanx rob

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
            Another alternative is borrow a friends cd / run the restore option & use your product ID.

Alan <><  :D
            I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
              « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »
              Another alternative is borrow a friends cd / run the restore option & use your product ID.

Alan <><  :D

would prob be a better option instead of buying a new copy. here in australia, all sales of windows xp cd's in stores have ceased

T-Rex

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 06:28:28 AM »
                Having your own copy is better than borrowing a friends  ::).

After all  , the net is the best place the buy things now anyhow....
                "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas