Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP LaserJet Printer suddenly prints in huge type (about 36 point or larger)  (Read 2248 times)

BruceRDucer

Topic Starter

I've a Dell Dimension    C521  Desktop,  with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I recently formatted & Partitioned the hard drive,  and downloaded the proper   HP driver software to make this work with Vista.  All worked fine for  a week or so.

Then,  for no apparent reason,  the  HP  LaserJet 3050 Printer  suddenly shifted from normal printing to Giant sized type,  generating a dozen pages or more to print out a single page e-mail etcetera.

Everything it prints is multiple pages and giant type,  whether e-mail (AOL)  or any web page material.  Printer  has new cartridge and worked fine for a week before goint GIANT print. 

I re-downloaded the Vista Driver from HP,  but it changes nothing.

I cannot seem to find an computer/control panel options to correct this.  Any ideas?   Thanks!  BruceRDucer

---------------

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Welcome to the forum....  ;)

Is there a reset button on the printer? Did you get any software with the printer? And what programs is it printing like this with?

BruceRDucer

Topic Starter

Is there a reset button on the printer?    There's a power switch,  which has been pushed 6 or 7 different times with no effect.

Likewise, the computer has been restarted 6 or 7 times since,  to no effect.
      ---------------------------------------------------------

Did you get any software with the printer?

Yes, but the printer will not operate in Vista with the original  drivers.   The Vista compatible drivers must be downloaded  from Hewlitt Packard, and I did that,   guided by their technician, and the printer worked fine for a week.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert