Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: Pop-up porblem  (Read 6468 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Pop-up porblem
« on: February 17, 2005, 08:34:21 AM »
Mind telling me which Spyware program you are using?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Corrosive

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 12:11:45 PM »
Try running HijackThis!: Direct link to Download

Once you run the scan, copy the log into your next post and we'll have a looksie. Don't try and fix anything yourself, as some of it will be legitimate programs.

A suggestion for the future though - try not to post specific URLs for these ad's unless they are really necessary (a rare occurrance). It's what they want to happen (extra advertising) and some of it may be, shall we say, innappropriate for younger eyes. I think we can all imagine what these "special drugs" are for... ;)

Corrosive

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:56:39 PM »
You're probably looking for a way to copy and paste the log when the solution is much simpler. Once the scan is finished, there is a button that says "Save Log" appearing in the bottom left corner... ;)

It'll save as a *.log file. Double click on the newly created file and it'll probably ask you to pick a program to open it - choose Notepad and go from there.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 02:10:42 PM »
    kilowatt...To post your log file here .....do this ......first open hijackthis.......click scan.....next .....click save log .....next ....tell it to save to your desktop....( it will save it as a notepad )..
    Now go to C/H open the topic you wish to post in .......put in your text ( here's my log file) ...now minimize that window .....open the log file on your desktop .......click on the edit button and choose "select all " now its all hi lighted ...so just right click on the hi lighted portion and choose copy.......next close up the log file ........maximize the C/H post you started ...place the cursor where you want the log file to start ....right click and choose paste .....and it there . Now click on post .
    If you miss even one entry when you are removing things , it will be right back. ( you must check every item in the log file )

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 02:12:57 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »
      kilowatt.....Ok , I see a number of bad entries .......

So lets try this ......
      Mark for removal .......the following :
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme  ......result of a MI root virus
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ipcfg.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IPCFG.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scands32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SCANDS32.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTray] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SNNPAPI.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
      O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.63.219.181.7

ok ......lets see if thats got them all.......so lets boot into safe mode and then do the removals .

the 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th ....o4 entries are the result of a trojan.........  and the last entry .....015 just looks odd to me .......

When your done .......reboot back to nornal ........and see if your system is clean.

Let us know

« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 05:08:19 PM by dl65 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 12:32:02 PM »
        kilowatt.....Dealing with Hijackers is very frustrating , because if you overlook just one bad entry it will come back ........One must compare each and every entry against a data base of invalid entries .......In your case , you have a virus as well as several differant trojans .
        Glad to hear ...your system is clean again .........