Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ebay computer scam  (Read 3152 times)

saytheya

Topic Starter

Beginner
    ebay computer scam
    « on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »
    a while ago i read a story online about a guy who had posted his computer on ebay. he received emails from a guy in the UK who was interested in the computer. it ended up being a scam and the guy who was selling the computer got him so bad for trying to scam him and i was wondering if anyone knew where this story is online.

other details:
    the guy selling figured out the guy was a scam because he wanted the guy to cash a check and then send him money...or go through a site that wasn't ebay and wanted him to say the package was worth less so he wouldn't get tax on it (which he didn't do, he made the package as expensive as possible). the guy who was selling the computer sent a "computer" to the guy in the UK. (paper keys, everything hand written, etc etc.) the guy had the package sent to some coffee shop/internet cafe. the scammer ended up not liking his package and tried to send the seller a virus through email.

i think the story was posted online by a different person than who it happened to. i think the original guy had posted in a forum and got people in the UK to help him track down the guy and keep tabs on him.

so if anyone knows where this story is, i'd love to find out where

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: ebay computer scam
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
    there was a person who sold 2 xbox 360s but it said really small it was only pictures and cause he was under the paypal age he got the mony too