Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer keeps restarting!  (Read 1746 times)

Kingsbridge

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

computer keeps restarting!
    « on: July 27, 2008, 12:29:45 PM »
    k so i rebuilt my old computer, i bought a new motherboard and everything. i replaced everything except for the case, the internal hard drive, the cd burner and the floppy disk.

so i first turned on the computer and everything was running fine, i was installing all the drivers. then i installed my display drivers for my video card (the monitor was hooked into the motherboard at this point if it makes a difference). so when it asked me if i wanted to restart my computer i said yes, then it was at the "windows is shutting down" screen for a good 5 minutes before shutting off (it was supposed to restart). so i tried turning the computer on again and it turned back off after 10 seconds.

so i left my computer off for a bit and tried again, this time it was on for a good 5 minutes before turning itself off again. so i found out i had some old ati programs that came with the old ati drivers (i have a geforce now) still installed on the computer. so i uninstalled those and reinstalled my nvidia drivers, and then i restarted the computer again. it seemed to be working, it was running for a good 10 minutes before happening again.

so then i uninstalled the video card drivers, and installed the motherboard display drivers (which are also nvidia), and the computer seemed to run fine for about 20 minutes, before turning itself off again.

i left my computer off for a few days, and when i turned it on again, it worked for about an hour or so before turning itself off again. so the only thing ive learned from all of this is that it MIGHT be the display drivers, and the longer i keep the computer off, the longer it will stay on when i turn it on. so ya, thats my problem, any help would be GREATLY appeciated, thank you!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: computer keeps restarting!
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »