Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!  (Read 2108 times)

Jsab40

Topic Starter

Starter

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!
    « on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
    Hello, I am trying to burn a movie with Quick Time Player onto a dvd that wont just play on my laptop. I made a slideshow for my parents, and burned it onto a dvd-r, and it plays on my dell laptop, but wont play on my dvd player...can someone please help? Their party is on saturday, and I need to figure it out before then!!

Thanks!  ;)

paudashlake

Re: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
    it could be  a few reasons.  What do you try to play it in (ex: windows media player)?

It could be that the dvd reader does not work.  Does it read other dvd's?  If so, trying to play it in vlc media player download it here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Jsab40

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
      Well, I made the video on an apple, and then exported it using quick time player. I saved it onto a jump drive, and then burned it onto a dvd on a school computer. I then tried to play the dvd on an actual dvd player, and it said disc error, and then when I loaded it onto my dell laptop, it freezes. When using windows media player, it says it doesnt read this type of document? I dont know how to save it differently?

paudashlake

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »
      as i said erlier, try downloading vlc if it is not on a school compouter and see if it will play on it or do you need the dvd to play on a tv?

Jsab40

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:55:02 PM »
        I need it to play on a tv! I tried your recommendation, didnt help..  :-\

veritasffg

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »
          If you did not finalize the DVD after burning it, it will only play on players which are also capable of recording.  If you finalize the DVD (that is the same as closing the disk), it should play on most DVD players. 
          Adaequatio Rei et Intellectus