Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE exployer7 versus Firefox YouTube  (Read 9408 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: IE exployer7 versus Firefox YouTube
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »
Firstly, I would reccomend you downgrade to Firefox 2.**. The latest one before 3. Because many people including myself, have many problems with the new one. Second, follow these instructions to update your Java:

Update Your Java (JRE)

Old versions of Java have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

First Verify your Java Version

If there are any other version(s) installed then update now.
Get the new version (if needed)

If your version is out of date install the newest version of the Sun Java Runtime Environment

Be sure to close ALL open web browsers before starting the installation.

I have Firefox 3 installed and have no problem watching youtube.com videos.  But, since you've downgraded to Firefox 2, perhaps you want to stick with it for awhile.   However, it seems troubleshooting to determine why Firefox 3 was not working right was never really commenced here, no troubleshooting for Flash or for Java.

thefonz , at some point, you'll probably want to try Firefox 3 again.  I suggest you verify you have the latest java and Flash Player installed before you try the upgrade. If you have questions when you get around to that, come back to the forum.