Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

hi i have recently had a new harrdrive fitted and a new bios battery in my ibm thinkpad laptop i then put my windows xp on then upgraded to windows vista home basic the thing is everytime i swich my laptop on i get my boot agent version come up with a lis

do i go into the bios by pressing f1
0 (0%)
do i have to pay a computer shop to fix
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: boot agent  (Read 2515 times)

jenna

Topic Starter

Starter
    boot agent
    « on: September 04, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »
    thanks for all the help from u guys i am just confussed as i dont know what to do  :o
    have fitted a new harrdrive and bios battery in my ibm thinkpad r31 series laptop but when starting my machine i always get a bleep an dthe boot agent comes up and lists some but on the video it say video shaddowed and also says system bios shadowed i did have windows xp but then had harddrive fitted and reloaded windows xp then upgraded to vist how can i fix this and when i go to controll pannel i want to use a screen saver but it says carnt use this because it requires a new video card or one thats compatable with direct3D but i dont know where in my laptop the video card is do i have to but one but when i go to my drivers it wont let me update i have installed everest and done a system scan butit dont know my bios please help i am getting confussed can i go into the settings in my bios and fix this thanks to all that read and reply  ;)
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:56:42 AM by jenna »
    *jen*

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: boot agent
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:43:50 AM »
    it say video shaddowed and also says system bios shadowed
    What do you mean here?

i did have windows xp but then had harddrive fitted and reloaded windows xp then upgraded to vist
    Also, what exactly do you mean here? You reinstalled XP and then Vista or what?

I suggest you download and reinstall your Video Card Drivers.

jenna

Topic Starter

Starter
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »
      carbon dudeoxide quote 1 when i turn my laptop on it go straight to the sytem rebbot straight away and i get a list come up but on it says sytem bios shadowed and video shadowed but i dont know what that means
      quote 2 i had a new harrdrive fitted in my laptop to give me more memory so i brought windows home vista but in currys i was told that i had to load the old windows back on as the harrdrive had nothing so i put the windows xp proffesional then service pack 2 then put windows vista on but now all i get is the laptop the sytem reboot then bleeps then i get my windows on but have to keep putting my password in but my partner has vista but dont get the same where do i download where my video card driver as i dont thimk i got a video card
      *jen*

jenna

Topic Starter

Starter
        « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:02:14 AM »
        it say video shaddowed and also says system bios shadowed
        What do you mean here?
        in the sytem bios it says video shaddowed

i did have windows xp but then had harddrive fitted and reloaded windows xp then upgraded to vist
        Also, what exactly do you mean here? You reinstalled XP and then Vista or what? well i had a new harrdrive fitted so went out and brought windows vista home basic upgrade and was told to reinstall my windows xp then get service pack 2 then install windows vista but when i turn the laptop on it always comes up with the sytem boot then bleeps then i get my vista load up but have to keep inserting my password

I suggest you download and reinstall your Video Card Drivers.
        *jen*

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »
        So you installed Vista and then XP? Where, on one Hard Drive?

jenna

Topic Starter

Starter
          « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »
          So you installed Vista and then XP? Where, on one Hard Drive?
          lol no i installed xp then downloaded my service pack 2 then installed a clean copy of vista which i brought from curry's what do you mean where did i insatll on the hard drive i just put in the disc and formated it on the quick option i think ntfs file i think it over read the xp file but do you know why it keeps starting up in the boot mode ? and what did you mean about download the video driver and reinstall it i dont think i got a video driver im not sure i havent brought one
          *jen*

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 05:37:17 AM »
          Forget the Video Driver thing for now.  ;)

formated it on the quick option
          Try Format it the proper way (not Quick Format)