Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Belkin Router  (Read 3088 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Belkin Router
    « on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »
    I'm trying to set up a network so that I can use my laptop off of my router. I have my comcast modem hooked up to my belkin Wireless G router with 4 ports on it. I have the comcast modem hooked into the main port on my Belkin Router and then I have an ethernet cord running from one of the other ports on the router to the computer. So I tried that and I get connection though my desktop. My desktop is a Gateway E 4000 running windows XP service pack 3. Ok so I'm all hooked up I start the software that came with the router it gives me all theses steps make sure its plugged in and then it says searching for connectivity my connection on the computer goes out at that point and restart and then a message comes up that says that the router isnt connected. Well I can access the internet fine on my desktop ,but I cant cant a wireless signal off with my laptop running a Belkin G notebook card. I realize I have to establish a connection to a network ,but I mean I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Belkin Router
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
    Is your laptop network card switch on?

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
      yeah I'm getting a few signals from outside my house that are secure but I mean I'm 3 feet away from my desktop modem ,and I'm not getting a signal. The Belkin Router tho the software for it wouldnt reconize that I had the router plugged in and I mean I had the modem going into the main router port and then I had an ethernet cable going into another port on the router and then into the back of the computer.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »
      I suspect, the router is bad, straight out of the box. Same thing happened to my friend couple of days ago. One computer was able to connect, the other, not. Replace router.