Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disk Drive  (Read 4489 times)

Rabbit

Topic Starter

Starter

Disk Drive
    « on: October 05, 2008, 07:47:48 PM »
    I'm running Windows Vista and when ever I insert a disk in my drive it won't run and I go into my computer and click on DVD RW Drive (E:) double click on it and it ejects the disk and tells me the insert the disk and I've tried rebooting several times and it still won't run the disk I've tried about 50 disks already its not the disk its the computer.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Disk Drive
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:54:13 AM »
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Rabbit

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »
      I deleted the lower and upper filter as it told me and stll won't comply.

Rabbit

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »
        Help please.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
          • Obituary
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
        TRY This.

Making sure DMA is selected
        Make sure the transfer mode is set to DMA:
        Click Start  , and enter "device manager " in the Start Search field.
        If User Account Control opens, click Continue .
        Click the plus sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers .
        There are ATA Channel 0 and 1 listings. Right click the channel the DVD drive is using and select the uninstall device button  to remove the device.

Restart the computer to reinstall the ATA Channel settings. A message indicating that the device is ready to use will appear when Windows has completed the hardware installation
        Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

killerb255

Adviser
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
          I'm running Windows Vista and when ever I insert a disk in my drive it won't run and I go into my computer and click on DVD RW Drive (E:) double click on it and it ejects the disk and tells me the insert the disk and I've tried rebooting several times and it still won't run the disk I've tried about 50 disks already its not the disk its the computer.

Have you tried booting from a bootable CD of some kind (Memtest, the Vista install DVD, WinPE, BartPE, etc.)?  If it boots from the bootable CD, then it's something corrupt in the OS.  If not, then...

I've tried about 50 disks already its not the disk its the drive.

Fixed.
          Quote from: talontromper
          Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.