Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Turns off  (Read 1883 times)

bearsbuds

PC Turns off
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:58:12 PM »
Greetings,  (and HELP!)
     My computer friend thought he was doing me a favor by installing Vista Ultimate and Office Suite Home and Student 2007. I, at the age of 50 plus, have returned to the world of academics. I have taken a handfull of basic computer classes at college. I got all A's; I learned on XP, though. Needless to say, I am rather overwhelmed with the fascinating and frustrating Vista. I even went so far as to purchase my new bible, "Vista for Dummies." I hate to keep bugging my computer guy everytime I stumble. So...
     Working on a homework assignment this afternoon and all of a sudden my tower turned off. When I restarted "her," my black screen gave me a little lecture saying my computer was erroneously started and asked what I wanted to do. I took the recommended rout for a "normal set up." The computer went to my desktop. No problem opening up Dogpile. Then, once again, the tower clicked off. I repeated the sequence several times. The computer would be fine for varying amounts of time with the same consequences, the tower died.
     I tried then, to try a different tact, I opened up in the "Safe Mode." That totally balled everything up. I am unable to utilize any applications. I just keep getting a box on my screen saying this or that wouldn't work while in "Safe Mode." Now what do I do? This is time for my midterms and I desperately need my PC for research.
     Somebody, Anybody PLEASE HELP.  I'm on meltdown.  Thank you  bearsbuds

[email removed to prevent spam]  

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:10:55 AM by Calum »

squall_01

Prodigy

PC Turns off
    « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:53:25 AM »
    I see your a noob, no strick offense but where unable to answer your post cause your useing someone else's, in order to better help an aid you in your problem you need to start your own topic.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PC Turns off
    « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:10:28 AM »
    Topic split, email removed.

bearsbuds, try the steps here.
    Let us know, and welcome to the forums.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: PC Turns off
      « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »
      Thanks for taking care of that calum
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres