Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson Stylus CX4600 Won't print!  (Read 3950 times)

tombom

Topic Starter

Rookie

Epson Stylus CX4600 Won't print!
    « on: October 22, 2008, 09:45:09 AM »
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, I need help with a Epson Stylus CX4600, it has almost full ink, but when I try to print anything, the paper goes through and comes out blank.  It's running a pc with Win Xp Pro, 1 gb RAM, 120 GB HDD, Core 2 Duo, and DVD burner.  ANY HELP?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Epson Stylus CX4600 Won't print!
      « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
      tombom,welcome to Ch forums.What if any messages are being displayed on your desktop when you click on "print"? Has this printer ever worked properly on this or any other computer? Do you have any "flashing " light on the printer when it is turned on that does not go to "a steady" green ? I am not familiar with that particular Epson printer but  we have (and continue) used many of their models.How old is this printer? If you go to the "device manager" what if any yellow question  or exclamation marks to you find and what are they associated with? If this is a recent model Epson they have all gone to ink cartridges with computer chips on them now which either must be reset or replaced when an ink refill is required before the printer will work again. However i doubt if this is the problem because when that function becomes necessary the printer usually will not do anything even process paper. Is the printer still within warranty?truenorth

tombom

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
        It has worked on the same comp for a few weeks, as soon as I put new cartrages in, it stopped, I don't know how long the printer's been around.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »
          tombom,While a few of my earlier questions have been answered many have not.However based on the limited info that you have provided it seems the current situation is more than likely coincident to your installation of "new " cartridges. Are these Epson manufactured cartridges or someone else's? Are they refills? To my mind from what you have stated it sounds like you either do not have compatible cartridges or that the "new" cartridges may be defective. There is however one thing more that you can do before dealing with the previous possibility. Do at least 10 consecutive print quality checks accompanying each one with a print head cleaning. All Epson models have an inbuilt program for doing those 2 actions. Do you know how to do that? If you start to see colours appearing but the lines are broken just keep doing the process and eventually the quality should become correct for printing. If after 5-10 nozzle cleanings you still don't see the beginning of colours then your problem is more than likely due to defective cartridges--which depending on how long they were in stock at your sellers location is certainly a possibility. Goodluck and let us know how you make out. truenorth

tombom

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:28 AM »
            Ok, so I tried head cleaning a lot!  I also googled my question phrased a lots of different ways, and finally found this:
            http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhkEX_lf4D6t_eRyaVi0grkjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20070219115324AA4fvmz
            I think I will try new cartrages.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
              tombom,Sure looks like the link you provided is pointing in the same direction i suggested. Hope it turns out to be the case.let us know how you make out please as it may be of help to others. goodluck,truenorth