Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I create an "Alternate text" on a button in Adobe Flash CS4?  (Read 3600 times)

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Hello,

I'm new to this but luckily got quite far in creating my first flash website. I noticed that there is somewhere a section for writing code (Actionscript 2 /3?), but it is difficult to find. I dont even know if it is necessary go into the code editor to add an alternate text for a normal jpg-image.

Could someone tell me how to add this alternate text on mouse roll-over to appear when placing it over the image and are there ways of changing the style, for making the text that pops up larger?

Thanks, Burton
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:11:21 AM by burton »

EchoLdrWolf316

Intermediate

• Don't worry, Javascript is just Flash on speeeeed.
      Re: How do I create an "Alternate text" on a button in Adobe Flash CS4?
      « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
      No Actionscript is required for this. The easiest way to do this would to add the text into the OVER state of the button.

Here is an example of this: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wnoujfn20tm

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:41:19 AM »
        Thank you, but where did you place the "i am alternate text" field?
        Also, is it possible to do this just with a JPG-image (or movie clip) instead of a button?

EchoLdrWolf316

Intermediate

• Don't worry, Javascript is just Flash on speeeeed.
          « Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:52:38 AM »
          Go into editing mode for the button, then click on the "OVER" frame in the timeline. Easiest way to add alt text to a pic of movie clip would be to put an invisible button under or inside it and use the same way I did. There may be a way in actionscript, but I'm not aware of the code.