Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have Win32.Worm.KdCrypt?  (Read 5240 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

I have Win32.Worm.KdCrypt?
    « on: November 26, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
    I think its attaching itself to my video drivers , because ad-aware found it , and as soon as i deleted it from my system , i rebooted and i had no drivers installed .......

Ive done a few scans , ad-aware and combo fix.

Every time i reinstall the new drivers it comes back.

Hi jack this log attached

I know i don't have any anti virus installed , mainly because it lags up my system , i do install anti virus programs once a week to scan the computer.

If you want some safe mode logs just ask.

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: I have Win32.Worm.KdCrypt?
      « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
      do you have spybot I think you should be fine after that I ran it a few times an pulled some seriously dangerous stuff out.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
        I thought a worm was a virus , and i also thought spybot was for spyware and addware.  :-\
        "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
          It is but look at the beging of your nasty its a type of maleware worm I suppose.  But I do recall seeing that scan for them during the spybot scans.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
          Or, here is an idea- try downloading a fresh Driver from the manufacturers page.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
            thats another possiblty considering yours mite be outdated or need it.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:34 PM »
              Its one of the latest and it was originally downloaded from the manufactures page.

Just done a few more scans in safe mode.

Macfee was still installed on my system according to hijackthis so i removed , even though i had uninstalled it.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »
                so your good then?